I am in a really good mood lately and some might say that’s because of the weather, but I reckon it’s because I’m – involuntarily and not quite in a Charlie Sheen kind of way – under the influence.
So before I go on telling you about my new awesome self-made shoes, I need to explain something here.
Firstly, I’d like to stress one word here: involuntarily. Meaning: it wasn’t planned.
Let me explain: My brother is a chef and owns a restaurant and the other day he had to cater at a function in the civic centre of our little town.
Anyway, so Mum used her car to bring some of the food over to the civic centre and accidentally spilled some yogurth sauce all over the back of the car.
So Mum and my brother tried to get rid of it and my brother came with this “miraculous” spray a plumber once gave him – whatever, I don’t even know what it was supposed to be good for, but they put it on and successfully managed to cover the yoghurt smell.
Now there’s lemon smell all over the car and that wouldn’t be too bad (unless – like me – you don’t like lemons)…
But that lemon smell has side effects – when Mum and I drove into town the other day, we hysterically broke out laughing at the most random things.
Other than that I have also been exposed to a lot of glue lately and we all know what side effects that can have.
But the glue was kind of my own fault, because I have been making these:
In search of shoes with comic motives, I drove around the entire borough and didn’t find a single shoe that was even just close to cartoons or something like that.
So when searching the internet for comic shoes, I only came across self-made comic shoes – and decided to make a pair myself.
And here’s what I did:
1. I got myself a pair of white ballerinas.
3. And some Mod Podge (didn’t even know some magical stuff like that existed – in Germany it’s not very known of) and a brush and a pair of scissors and then I started cutting out some pictures and motives. And started sticking them onto the shoes (starting at the back).
4. And so on, layer on layer on layer until the whole shoe was covered. Then I added some “CCCRRRRAAAASSHHHH” and “ZIIIINNNNGGGG” and things like that and some cut out characters and then applied about six or seven layers of Mod Podge.
5. And finally I added some sparkling, glittery sequins.
6. Some final layers of Mod Podge and – done.
7. Okay, one last thing: it might be useful to coat them with some sort of spray or something to make them waterproof. Just in case…