I suppose the warm April is the reason why I’m very much into gardening these days.
So today I went down to the shop and got myself six cacti and some cactus soil and dug out my old set of pots – and now I have a beautiful set of spiky superstars on my windowsill:
I’ve had many cacti and succulents in my life but I like them best when they are little.
Apparently, they are the “ideal plants for busy people”, so maybe that’s why I like them so much.
The only thing you need to be careful with when you have cacti and succulents is water.
I tend to over water which is definitely not good for them as they are used to relatively dry soil.
Special cactus soil is also very good as it helps the plants and their roots to get the right amount of water and fresh air.
For more information on cactus care, have a look at the following websites:
- Cactus Info – basic rules and tips
- Cactus Care (Essortment) – overview on pot, soil, watering…
- Cactus Guide – “ABC of Cactus Care”
- Cactuslands – Cactus and Succulent Care: watering, fertilizer, light…
- iloveindia Garden Tips – overview on basic cactus care
- plantideas – indicator for how much water what type of cactus needs
- Links for Cacti and Succulents
- BBC Cacti Guide
- How to make your own cactus soil